UN Pulse from U.N. Dag Hammarskjöld Library: World Economic Situation and Prospects 2012 -
The United Nations has launched the World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2012. A joint product of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the five regional commissions, WESP provides an overview…
UN Pulse from U.N. Dag Hammarskjöld Library: Security Council Meeting on Situation in Côte d'Ivoire -
The Security Council met this morning on the situation in Côte d’Ivoire. The Twenty-ninth progress report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Operation in Côte d’Ivoire (UNOCI) (S/2011/807) was discussed.
The Security Council will meet this afternoon, 26 January, on peace and security in Africa. The letter dated 17 January 2012 from the Secretary-General addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2012/42) will be discussed.
- Letters and Reports of the Secretary-General
- Security Council meeting records
- Resolutions on peace and security in Africa
Photo: Security Council Meeting on Peace and Security in Africa. 5 May 2009. UN Photo/Devra Berkowitz
UN Pulse from U.N. Dag Hammarskjöld Library: Security Council Meeting on Situation in Libya -
The Security Council will meet this morning, March 12th,2012, at its 6733rd meeting to discuss the situation in Libya. The Security Council will discuss the Report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Support Mission in Libya S/2012/129 and the letter dated 7 March 2012 from the…
New Exhibition at Processing.org: The Digital Rube Goldberg Processor
by The Product http://processing.org/exhibition/
:))) this is real funny :D
Longshot!: And the bounty goes to... -
Aholaah’s story was amazing. And the interview Sarah Rich did with her is wonderful, too.
We are delighted to announce that the Longshot editors have selected Aholaah Arzah, author of Ring Cycle, to receive our $2000 feature fee. As Mat put it, when the three of us read this story together in a Gakwer conference room last weekend, we let out a collective gasp. We love the…
Episode 0.6.9 - Spree with Sean Schofield and Brian Quinn -
Wynn sat down with Sean and Brian from Spree to talk about ecommerce in Rails, SpreeConf, and their recent $1.5M funding round.
Spree Conference is a two day training and conference event February 15-16, 2012 in NYC
Items mentioned in the show:
- Sean Schofield, Spree founder and CEO of Spree Commerce, Inc.
- Brian Quinn, long time Spree contributor and CTO of SpreeCommerce
- Spree (née RailsCart) is a Rails engine that provides an out-of-the box, customizable ecommerce platform.
- Spree fully integrates into the Rails 3.1 Asset pipeline
- Rails engines have accelerated Spree adoption
- Spree is built on actively maintained community projects including Devise, Kaminari, Paperclip, ResourceController, State Machine, and ActiveMerchant.
- Spree recently closed a $1.5M funding round
- SpreeConf is geared to both business and developer audiences
- Everybody loves Sticker Mule
- Shoedazzle and SecondLife run highly customized versions of Spree.
- Spree has a growing list of community extensions.
- RailsDog Radio is a great showcase of Spree functionality. Grab the source on GitHub
- If you actually need a satellite radio, check out TSS Radio.
- Spree will unbox a new demo installation on Heroku just for you.
- Deface allows you to customize HTML ERB views in a Rails application without editing the underlying view.
- Ryan Bigg, Ruby Hero and co-author of Rails 3 in Action has joined Spree as community manager.
- Like Changelog Episodes, Spree is not SemVer compliant.
- Sean wants to explore using RailsAdmin into Spree
Discuss on Hacker News